Thursday 26 June 2014

LonCon Panel 1: The Retrofuturism of JJ Abrams


The first panel I'm on at LonCon is The Retrofuturism of J J Abrams, which is on Thursday starting at 16:30 and scheduled to go on to 18:00 in Capital Suite 2 (ExCeL).

The blurb for the panel is as follows:

"From Super 8 to Star Trek to Almost Human, JJ Abrams-developed projects often seem to take particular delight in updating or simply inhabiting the futures of days gone past. To what extent is this simple nostalgia, and to what extent can elements of critique or challenge be identified in his work? And what are the implications for the upcoming third Star Wars trilogy?"

This reminds me of a panel I was on last year at Nine Worlds Con where we discussed Star Wars versus Star Trek, and what the effect of having J J Abrahms involved in both franchises would be.  Looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Updated List of Panelists

Val Nolan (Moderator), with Pawel Frelik, Sorcha Ní Fhlainn, Erin M. Underwood, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.