Saturday 16 March 2013

Writing Log 130315

The Rules of Writing with apologies to J. R. R. Tolkien, but I couldn't resist.

Three Rules for the Basics of spelling, grammar and punctuation,
Seven plot points for the Structure of the story,
Nine for the Words that name, describe and place in time,
One rule for the Author telling the story
In the Land of Writing where the author's fears do grow.

One Rule of writing, One Rule for ideas,
One Rule to finish novels and then try to sell them
In the Land of Writing where the author's fears do grow.

My writing this week has been a bit more of a struggle as I wrestle the story to an end.  I have three chapters to write with the scenes I need to tell described as one-liners in my outline, and from this you can tell that I'm a macro rather than a micro writer, see theory post here.  However, you may start writing at one extreme of a continuum, but trust me when I say that you will have to progress to the other end to be able to finish your novel.

So this week my total word count in 11,039, so yay!  What that doesn't show is the peaks and troughs as I plowed my way  through to get to that target and maintain my average of two thousand words a day.  So now Bad Dog stands at a total of 88,748 words, also yay!

1 comment:

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.