Monday 8 February 2021

Myths About Race

 

So, we're all different, yet somehow we're all the same. When you use race in an argument it automatically become political. Not rational, scientific or objective, just your opinion based on a political ideology.
 
I would argue, that if you want to talk political ideology then go talk to someone who also wants said discussion. It's fine by me. None of my business what's done between consenting adults.
 
If you want to come to me or someone else and proselytize your particular political ideology, don't be surprised if I or they are not interested. If you then call me or them a 'racist' for not wanting to engage in your political ideology, then the real racist is you, because not all of us share the idea that political ideologies have to start from race.
 
While an argument about power can often include skin colour, or religion etc. these things are just labels obscuring the use of power to control others, and even that position has nuance, because societies have to have structures that are enforced by the power of law. This is in and of itself neither a good thing or a bad thing, it's just a necessity for example, to stop idiots from shouting 'fire' in a crowded theatre.
 
I have spoken! This is the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.