Tuesday 1 January 2019

Reflecting on 2018


I went out last night to celebrate the new year with my friends Pum & Jay, and got to see some other long time friends of mine: Glenn, Robin, Ian & Jane. As a result we didn't get home until the early hours of the morning, and as a result I've been struggling today from not having slept at all well, which is why this post is going up so late in the day.

Looking back on the year let's see how I did. Words wise, I failed to meet my goal of writing three new novels.

I only managed 77,079 words of new fiction, which is pretty miserable, and a reflection on how miserable I've been feeling. I also wrote 18,799 words for this blog, and 8,287 words for my wargaming blog. In addition, I wrote eight articles for Galactic Journey, which came to 8,650 words.

That comes to a grand total of 112,815 words. The majority of which I did in the first six-months of last year.

This has largely been down to how ill I've been since July. However, I do note that saying this I have managed to write more than the 57,407 words than I wrote in 2017, which I'm going to take as another win, even though back then I had the excuse of having a day job.

However, while I may have spectacularly failed to meet my writing goals I did get my three novels out the door. So I'm counting that as a win. Also, I wrote three novelettes, which are also out of the door. Another win.

So my plan is simple, take the time to get better and then start writing new words.

To finish, as dinner is about to served, I wish all my readers a happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.