Tuesday 8 January 2019

New Year, New Goals


Wow, what a year. My life has been a bit rough, what with one thing and another. It has been one of those years that when you look back you can see loads of good intentions that were not met. I've been keeping up with archery as it's an enjoyable way to exercise, but as I said when reflecting on my writing, I haven't been writing enough.

So I made a decision.

Since it has been six months since I lost my writing mojo, I've decide to set an easily reached goal and I plan to write 200 hundred words per day. This is to set myself up for success with baby steps, but I will review my goal again in three months to check whether I've set the bar too low.

I hope that by doing so I can finish writing The Bureau, my Cthulhu mythos story, and make inroads on my next SF novel, Two Moons. And if luck should favour me, and I find I get my writing streak back, then another couple of episodes in The World of Drei series too.

4 comments:

  1. Very reasonable decision, no stress please. I'd love indeed to see your Cthulhu-related novel finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Alpha reader does too. She says what she's read so far makes her want to see more.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Hope that 2019 flows a bit better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I've also added I don't do anything else until I reach my 200 hundred words; distractions like Twitter and Facebook.

      Delete

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.