Thursday 16 July 2020

Second Half of the Year from Hell

I decided that this model of Object 295 needed some decals to make it pop.

Who would have thought a year ago that 2020 would be such a shambling wreck?

The last month or so has been getting on top of me. Dealing with people shouting in outrage at [insert description here] of whatever has pushed their emotional button.

Quite frankly, I no longer give a damn. Darwin will sort this out.

So, I've been quiet, taking the time to do things I enjoy, because that's usually the best strategy for dealing with emotions that are overwhelming one. Currently I'm painting combat armor suits. Practicing with my new wet palette different ways of making my miniatures look cool.

That's all for now. Stay safe, keep well.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the picture of the Visigoth. I am a newbie in the miniature model game since my work partner got me hooked on Heavy Gear Blitz. Feels good to assemble something that is not comprised of pixels and code. I found your blog by accident searching for instructions on how to assemble this tank (as in where the hell does this piece go?). Don't let 2020 get you down. It will pass and Darwin will sort all this out. As someone working on the front lines of this latest human tragedy, I know how easy it is to despair. But it will get better and we will survive. Keep the faith and keep writing and painting Barry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I'm guilty as charged for allowing things to get me down, human nature's way of telling you to pay attention.

      Glad you found me, and as you can probably tell, there's lots of content on the other blog about model making and painting.

      All the best, and thank you again. It means a lot to me.

      Delete

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.