Tuesday 21 May 2019

AI Visual Processing


An observation about visual processing. dancing ballerina / spinning dancer optical illusion made easy.

A personal anecdote.

One evening, I remember walking up St. Martin's Lane on my way home from work. I had a moment where my brain failed to understand what I was looking at. I saw a person with no face. The eyes nose and mouth were missing, the face was blank flesh. It was just for a moment, then the eyes, nose and mouth appeared.

I suspect this illusion happened due to tiredness and the level of light.

2 comments:

  1. I just read about the face thing: blogs.scientificamerican.com/illusion-chasers/locking-eyes-with-a-monster/

    It's been a dog's age since I've experienced anything like it, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. I read it with interest, and was happy to see that my intuition was headed in the right direction. Fascinating stuff.

      Delete

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.